View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
GodHatesBuffalo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
This was over the course of 30 games, did you see Ennis during his first 10-20? He looked like our worst. That said, I think he is our best offensive player. Vanek is our best sniper, and Poms puts up points and is consistent, but nobody is as explosive or dynamic as Ennis is.
Honestly in watching how he stated the season, I think Ennis was great. He had no points to show for it, but for example I think his first 5-7 games he really opened up a lot. He was flying out there. His worst stretch of hockey was from like game 7-injury. Maybe he got discouraged from his lack of production. Only Ennis knows the answers to that.

Yeah, overall, he was great for the majority of the year.

I've questioned to myself if his great play can be largely contributed to him being in a contract year. I'm sure it plays a factor. However, the fact that he was amazing in the Boston series, and clutch in game 5/6 of the Flyers series, tells me that this kid wants to be somebody in the NHL. In other words, he's not just here to collect the biggest paycheck he can, and drift into obscurity when the competition gets hard. These indicators point, at least to me, to a player who wants to be a consistent factor in the league for years to come.

GodHatesBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote