View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
idk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Let's tread water and hope the tides and the wind takes us where we want to go.

Let's wait just like we did for Koivu and all the others that we dump into the sea for nothing and then to top it off we traded away almost all our 2nd round picks over the last decade to get the pieces we need. We're always so close, can't you just feel it.
That's not exactly what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is "buy low, sell high". Actually, I'm just saying "sell high". Right now, with July 1st right around the corner, established player value is at a nadir. Wideman, an all-star, was traded for a twenty-six year old "prospect" and a fifth round pick. Now, while you can argue that Wideman was a pending FA, the fact of the matter is that every GM is thinking "I could trade for Plekanec now, or I could see who I can get on the market and maybe make a deal for him later"

From July 1st onward Plekanec's value will rise until the trade deadline, when an established two-way player will net the highest return. At the same time, depending on how certain prospects work out, his value to the team may diminish at the start of next season, which would be further grounds to trade him.

But I wouldn't trade him now. Unless a silly offer is on the table I just don't see us getting the right value for him.

idk is offline   Reply With Quote