View Single Post
06-28-2012, 01:00 PM
This Space for Rent
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
hopefully Teddy is willing to put in the work both on and off the ice, any idea what sort of role he'll get in his rookie year?
Teddy should be able to jump right in and make an impact; MSU`s top two point scorers last season were freshmen in Matt Leitner and JP Lafontaine (nephew of Pat). The glaring issue the Mavs have had in the three seasons I´ve been covering them is the lack of a potent offense, which is something I think Mike Hastings will solve given his USHL successes.

They´ve averaged 105 goals and 2.74 goals per games the past three seasons, which`ll get you in the teens in total offense in the ¨old¨ WCHA (Which there`s one more season of). As for this season, obviously it´s next to impossible to have Teddy duplicate his Shattuck numbers, but I`d say if he gets between 15-20 points on the year its a successful season. As for where he lines up? Of course, hard to tell with the new coach, but there is a chance he could be on the first line when they skate for the season opener at Alabama-Huntsville October 12th.

puckguy11 is offline   Reply With Quote