View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Again, it's a lie. I'm not sure how else to sugar coat that. So when someone lies about something you have said, it is difficult not to misconstrue it, especially when the statement was poorly phrased to begin with.

Essentially you put the onious on yourself now to find the quote (s) where I stated I was always agt the Martin signing. When you come up short, I expect an apology...

22.06.2012 - less than a week ago.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=395

Quote:
Two Summers ago you and I were pissed Shero signed Martin and not Whits...
So not only did I find the quote where you express your satisfaction about signing Martin on the day it happened (something you claim you were not), because with him and Michalek we would have a top 3 defence (something you claimed you never said), we also have the one from this week where you declared yourself pissed he was signed rather than signing Ray Whitney...(and I am supposed to infer that 'pissed' means.... something else than pissed.... and was only relative to a potential Whitney signing?)

You ask a lot me in terms of benign and thorough reading of your arguments and the thoughts behind them then. Slightly more than you will offer the other way around, I might add. And taking you at your word makes me a liar....

Those are lofty context demands from a guy who stubbornly insists - despite a now near infinite number of requests for more than one very unusual example to corroborate the very notion that we're actually debating - that:

Quote:
All you need is one example
...and yes, in fact I do know you were defending Martin for a long, long time. After all I have been the person here who probably have been most against that signing, so I noticed.
I also believe that you - just like me btw. - has said that Martin will still have significant value, because he is no way near as bad as what his last season implies. In fact he is a very good defenseman in the right kind of situation. That situation was just never going to be in Pittsburgh considering the rest of the gang we had. A shame with Michalek though.

But enough of this. I'll leave the field and hopefully Chancellor Vitale can have his wish with more talk about this exciting new prospect of ours.

Last edited by Tender Rip: 06-28-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote