View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Chief

vCash: 500
Although I don't think an overhaul is necessary, I think we have to realize that as great as it sounds that we made it to OT of Game 6 of the ECF, we also have to realize that we barely made it out of the first round and the same goes for the second round.

The team needs goals, some physical play and it needs to be on the LW. That should be our priority. If a player can't bring both, then he at least should bring the other in spades. I don't know if Whitney is that guy.

As far as physical play goes, you're not getting that from Whitney. Goals? He'll give you 20+...but disappeared in the playoffs - 2 goals and 5 assists in 16 PO games. 1 assist in 5 games vs. the Kings. 1 goal and 2 assists vs. the Preds (no points in the final 3 games of that series). Was he worn out? Maybe. Could he not handle the playoff grinding style? Maybe. He might help the powerplay but in the end, I don't think Whintey is a great fit for the Rangers. He's an option for sure but I would hope for a better Plan A, B, C, etc...