View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
OkimLom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Going back a way, they been used to support Hecht as a very good defensive player in previous seasons (his QoC and Corsi numbers are excellent) but similar to the Ennis conversation, the points were simply ignored or shouted over. Ennis did some great things in the last quarter of the season. The context -- who he did them against, what was anomolous about it -- is important, particularly when trying to get a picture of how this team is built and what they may do in the near future.

There isn't a lot of difference between the opinion that Ennis is fabulous (or formerly that Hecht sucks) and being shown measurable perimeters of why those opinions may need tempering.
Whatever happened to just watching a game and having an opinion off that, instead of looking at numbers?

To this day, I thought Hecht was our best defensive forward for a long time. I did this by watching the game, not by looking at numbers and thinking "oh, Ruff puts Hecht out there on 60% of his shifts in the defensive zone, so that must mean he's our best defensive forward".

But I guess that's what message boards are for huh? To express your opinion and try to shout louder than the others until the other person walks away.

OkimLom is online now   Reply With Quote