View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Boomhower

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Thank god you arent the GM of the Red Wings. We can look forward to the Wings not making the playoffs with your ridiculous pessimism. It's like the Red Wings are a garbage average franchise that has to scratch and claw to get any good FA's.

Suter is going to be a Wing. Parise.......probably not. Semin........feel pretty good about it.
I'm not saying it isn't worth trying and throwing a lot of money at them.
But I'm being a realist, there are two absolute top tier UFA's this year. You can't expect Detroit to land one of them, let alone both!
Penciling in superstars when 15-20 other teams are openly pursuing does not make you a successful GM. Any idiot could do that, it's having a realistic plan should you lose the lottery... like most teams will!

Semin, I said might be a possibility. I honestly haven't even heard if Detroit is actually interested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Ken Holland should be fired if he does nothing with 24 million dollars except sign a bunch of value players.
A 30 team pool and Holland MUST come out with one of the top 3 Free Agents... Two of which still might not even make the open market... sounds reasonable.

Last edited by Boomhower: 06-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote