Old
06-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Who is making an impact beyond Read?
You could make a case for Harry Zolniercyzk, but it's certainly not a first rounder type of impact either way (-10, 21 points, 39 games). Bob was a starter for a year. Gustafsson played a lot this year and did well against Pitt in the play offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
6 in one, half dozen in the other.

If the argument is that Holmgren likes to trade away his picks and they are the only way he can acquire cheap talent. I say, who cares if he trades his players/picks as long as he get cheap talent in the trades. He's done exactly that.
The argument was that those picks are the BEST way for him to acquire cheap young talent. You seem to want to revise it so that she said it was the "only" way....I didn't see her say that. Two first rounders for Chris Pronger, plus a player drafted in the first that was doing very well. That is a good example of him not using those picks to get cheap or young talent.

But if you're changing your point from "that's not really the best place to get young talent" to "I don't care how he uses those picks so long as he is able to bring in young cheap talent"....then that's a different statement altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Guys gotta ask, can JVR play PK?
He is a serviceable penalty killer, but given the tools he has physically he could probably be better at it if he was asked to do it more. I think that's how he fractured his foot before the play offs this year, blocking a shot on the pk.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote