View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 03:09 PM
letmesleep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I don't think there is any chance we'll see a $70m cap. The owners aren't going to back down and continue with the current agreement.

Also, we are currently at a shade over $42m on the cap. Add Tarasenko, Perron and Oshie and that could very well take the cap hit to $53m and still have a LHD and C to add. We'll have no issues being at the cap floor whatever the cap is.

I'm sure we'll talk to Suter, but the reality is that we are going to see a significant salary increase in a years time and that has to be factored into any contracts handed out. I still think w'll spend if there is a deal to be had, but I don't see us handing out a bad contract just to address a need and spend money that may be available. We'll go down the trade route if players demand too much in FA.
Ahh, I forgot that Tarasenko's contract wasn't included on CapGeek yet. That certainly changes things a bit. Thanks for the heads-up.

In general, I wasn't trying to say that we will sign Suter or Garrison come July 1st. I was just trying to point out that Armstrong has room to work his magic and I'm sure he will when the time is right.

letmesleep is offline   Reply With Quote