View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
I like what that guy said about Postma. Most of what he said is true. He has a lot of defensive lapses which is obviously his downfall. However, I feel a need to take up for him on the point of him not being a great skater. Postma is one of the smoothest, fastest skating defenseman i've seen in the AHL this year. He doesn't use it all the time, but when he comes around the back of the net and starts rushing up the ice, he usually blows by a few players and always gets in the zone deep enough for a shot on net. His rushing game is completely underrated. As for his shot, you're completely right. It seems as though whenever he unloads, he scores. The problem is that he wont unload enough. The IceCaps powerplay was horrid all year. Every time Postma seemed to get the puck in a shooting position he would hesitate to shoot and make a dumb pass. If he shot the puck more he would have scored a lot more this year.
I've still never come away feeling impressed with his skating. Although I may be completely biased, as I want to see you almost blow by guys in the AHL (not exactly the best skating league). I also should factor in that he's taller/lanky and his skating will never look completely fluid.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote