Thread: Confirmed with Link: JVR traded to Toronto for Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
I agree that the first and second rounds are the best methods of gaining talent, but later rounds as well free agency are great ways to add talent and depth. Homer has brought players like Read, Gus, Z, and Powe in for nothing but a contract spot. All of these guys are or are looking like they will be NHL regulars one day. Now on the flip side he has brought in many that won't amount to anything such as Greentree and Rowe, but that is the nature of the game.

Currently aside from Read I would say Gus and Z are on the verge, Powe is doing decent in Minnesota after returning us a decent pick. We have promising players on the Phantoms right now that were brought in as college UFAs that may provide great depth in the future.
I agree that he is able to find depth, but that's not the level of talent I meant. He also also doesn't seem to put a lot of faith in his undrafted talent other than Read. He gave up on Bob as a starter after a year. He prefers veterans like Lilja, Kubina, Grossmann, and Schenn than to let Gus have a full time role. He seems to prefer Rinaldo and Sestito over Zolnierczyk. These FA's don't make up for his lack of picks.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote