Thread: Confirmed with Link: JVR traded to Toronto for Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think the lack of picks argument kind of is irrelevant at this point. They have easily some of the best young players in the game. Yes, they traded Richards and Carter to get them, but had they kept those picks there is no telling who they would have been or how they would have developed. Of all the First and Second round picks that were shipped out, the teams wound up getting:

T.J. Brennan
Jonathon Blum
Dmitri Kugryshev
Richard Panik
John Carlson
Jason Zucker
Lucas Lessio
John Moore
Emerson Etem
Stuart Percy
Devin Shore
Brian Hart

Now, of course we don't know who the Flyers would have picked with any of these picks, but outside of Carlson and Blum, there really aren't any guys on that list that I'm kicking myself because we don't have them. Again, the Flyers could have picked someone better, or they could have made a worse pick (or the same pick). Some of these guys it is too soon to really evaluate, but I think the guys we have now I'd rather have than these guys.
Justin Williams
Joni Pitkanen
Jeff Carter
Mike Richards
Steve Downie
Claude Giroux
James van Riemdsyk
Luca Sbisa
Sean Couturier

Those are the only names I care about. The Flyers didn't trade the names you mentioned. It's pointless to bring them up. We don't know who they would have drafted, but their success in the first round is good enough for me to feel optimistic. Imagine if Bob Clarke gave up most of his first round picks like Holmgren. Most of those names never become Flyers.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote