Thread: Salary Cap: $64.3M Upper Limit for '11-'12
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Ola

vCash: 500
GagLine- I might have misunderstood you, but it seems like you have misunderstood what a roll back means.

Let's say the PA gets 1,500,000,000 USD for next season, they will get 1,500,000,000 USD no matter if there is a roll back or not (!). What the players get, and the issue if there is a roll-back or not, has nothing to do with each other.

If the cap goes down 15%, there would i) be very hard for teams to sign FAs the first summer after the lockout and ii) there would be a ton of money put into escrow.

A roll back is the exact same thing as an escrow, its just done before the season. And it opens up a little room for the FA the first summer...

But the players as a group will get paid the exact same amount no matter if there is a roll back or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
I disagree...if i'm a player that has a current contract, why am I being penalized for having years left on my deal? So i'm supposed to give up 25% of MY contract that I EARNED so the other guys who got paid their ENTIRE contracts already without giving up a penny can make more $$ in their next deals? screw that. i'm keeping my $$ and then when my contract is up i'll take my paycut then. just like the guys that already earned their full contracts will take a lower deal now.

plus i'm willing to take the gamble that the cap will go up before my deal expires
But the bolded part is not true, its a lie. The cap would go down to the same extent as the roll back, so the FA's would pay as much as the existing contracts.

An advice CM punk when you negotiate your first salary is to not go to your boss and make things up...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote