View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I don't know how he played in Montreal, but in Minny he played like a power forward. He would crash the net, use his body, lay some hits, worked hard in the corner, always had a good set of hands to corral pucks, had a quick release, scored timely goals. There was never a point when he was in the lineup that he was lazy or uninterested.

He scored 25 goals in 55 games after being traded from Montreal in 2009-10. In 2010-11 he came to camp out of shape and had groin injuries and missed the year with surgeries. In 2011-12 he dropped 20+ pounds and came to camp lean and mean but got a concussion and missed the year. As of now he says he's 100%.
He was a lost kid here, playing for a coach who didn't communicate at all with his young players (Carbonneau). I remember him very well during post-game interviews, trying to explain to journalist that he just didn't know what was expected from him.

He was playing like a bottom line forward mostly on the 4th line with Lapierre and Bégin, just trying not to make mistakes and use his big body. That's why he was among the best hitter every year, but failed to do what he was drafted for, which is to score goals. Don't believe people who say he was a floater in Montreal, cause he wasn't. He was just placed in a bad situation.

In Minnesota, he was immediately given offensive duties and he delivered. Now, if indeed he understood the importance of a good training, I also believe he can be a very effective power forward in this league.