Old
06-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Can I pronounce it ****son? Also are we doing our prospect rankings after the development camp? I'm really ready to see some hockey and may have to make time to go to Frisco one of those days.

Mike,

Are you mainly focusing on the recently drafted guys or have you been getting any reports on some of last year's class too? An update on some of those guys would be cool too.
Primary focus on the recently-drafted guys now because that's what's hot and there's an article coming up on them. Have had conversations recently regarding other recent-but-not-so-recent draft picks, pertinent stuff that doesn't make it into an article will be dropped in here. But really, a lot of it is just re-affirmation of things that I've already written or you guys otherwise already know about.

Former prospect related: Ondrej Roman wasn't given a qualifying offer by Florida, so he's free to return to Vitkovice. At least he's home now. If frequent flyer miles were redeemable for cash, he'd have enough money to feed Modano's dogs by now...

@above comment: I don't want to start setting off fireworks because there's no telling whether these kids will be in the NHL ever. But this organization is getting better and better at finding late-round talent. And this kid was right under their nose...and he didn't play a game for 9 months or thereabouts either...

I did the Detroit draft preview and I said,
Quote:
No Detroit draft preview would be complete without mentioning Hakan Andersson or the term "late round gems". With that out of the way, the last handful of measurable Red Wings drafts haven't seen a ton of promise come out of the late rounds. Since Henrik Zetterberg was drafted before the century turned, the Red Wings have really only cultivated Jonathan Ericsson and Darren Helm from the deepest depths of the draft (though, the jury is still out on Jan Mursak's future). Other teams are starting to catch up in their ability to cultivate talent from the late rounds...
I obviously couldn't state that the other team was this one...but it was a direct reference to the Dallas organization. And kind of a dig at the Detroit reputation (though grounded in truth) and I'm kinda surprised it wasn't left on the cutting room floor...

Last edited by Mike Farkas: 06-28-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote