Thread: Salary Cap: Free Agency/off-season Thread
View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
My issue with inserting Latendresse into these lineups is that everyone is saying "what? Not big deal! Low risk high reward! If he gets injured so what?" and yet they are slotting him in on the 1st or 2nd line...If we sign this guy, it will be as a 13th forward and IF he can show he's able to handle the physicality of the NHL without getting injured then MAYBE he can move up if there's a spot for him.

Signing him as a reclamation project and slotting him as a top 6 with no backup plan is stupid and short sighted. He hasn't played in 2 years. You'd think we'd have learnt something from Markov.
13th forward isn't really suited for him. He's not going to prove anything being a healthy scratch, and when you make him play, don't expect anything to happen if he's centered by White.

If Eller can center Latendresse and Gionta, then I think this would be an incredible third line. They would truly dominate weaker opposition.
This obviously is considering two other wingers are provided to complete our top 6. If not, I can see one of Leblanc/Palushaj earn that winger spot on the 3rd to play next to Eller-Lats.

Basically I see a good Eller-Lats duo. Lats always did well next to Koivu, I feel Eller has a similar style, very combative, will go battle in the corners, has nice stickhandling and creativity, good passing skills and good skater, so I think they'd work well together, especially versus weaker opponents.