View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
BobbyJet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Bowman went onto NHL live and said that they aren't bringing back the same team as last year but he anticipates and expects players to be better than last year, either by taking a step in development (Stalberg, Leddy, Kruger, Olsen) or by bouncing back (Crawford, Kane).

He said they're not planning to make no changes, but if that's how it works out, that they're confident in the players they have on their roster/in their system that they'll be better than they were this past season. He also said they're always open to improving the team and that includes in goal.

In short, from the call-in, I expect Chicago to bring in a FA/make a couple trades, promote guys like Saad, Olsen, etc and to bank on a Crawford bounce-back, with a shorter leash.
No real surprise but here comes my rant. Stan must decide what it's going to be. Is he targetting a 3 or more year time period before this team is ready to win it all, or is he going to bring in some veteran presence now and go for it? Trying to play both ends of the equation by bringing in patchwork, bargain basement players will backfire as it has up until now. If we go with prospects, and build on that, I think it is doable but where does that leave an aging Hossa or to a lesser degree Sharp, 3 years from now? At the very least, Hossa needs to be shopped if that is the plan, and replaced with a younger player. I love Hoss but if Stan hasn't the stones to take a chance on a Doan and/or a Bernier, and/or a Steve Thomas etc now .... then trade him while he has genuine value.
Alas, it won't happen ... and I'm getting fed up with Stan's wishy washy management style.

BobbyJet is online now   Reply With Quote