View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 09:18 PM
WestCoastWild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
True but our GM is a moron for just not giving Lats the qualifying offer in the first place. The lowest scoring team in the NHL just gave up a 25+ goal scorer because they were too cheap and stupid.
Jesus dude do you ever read outside your little irritable box? The Wild offered him a great contract and he turned it down to be closer to Montreal... Can't fault the front office for a player turning away a contract wanting to be closer to family.

Stop calling GMCF a moron, he's built this team team to have a bright future which is something dougie risenbrough had NO CHANCE of doing. Without Fletcher and his staff we might be in a even worse spot.

Yeah we have lots of cap room, but lets say they retain his rights and can't trade him, I'm sorry I don't want Lats for 2.5 on the roster. I'd rather use that VAST cap space to try to Lure Parise and Suter to the team, than Lats who had ONE good season. Yeah yeah injuries hurt him but the fact of the matter is AFTER he had a good season he came in overweight AFTER signing a nice contract with the Wild, got hurt because of that LOST a year, came back ready to play (in his last year of the contract) and got hurt again. He's not worth 2.5M on our books and he obviously wants to go home, so why would Fltch qualify a player that has that "meh" past 2 seasons AND wants to be at home in Montreal?

Last edited by WestCoastWild: 06-28-2012 at 09:33 PM.