View Single Post
Old
06-28-2012, 10:00 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Oh come on. If Ward was this dazzling puck retriever that you guys are making him out to be, someone in the Caps organization would've taken notice and said "maybe we should give this guy some more playing time?" And yet, we say his playing time cut for the last half of the year, and them he received extremely sheltered minutes in the playoffs.

But yeah, you guys are right and the Caps are wrong. I'll await your appointment as Oates' assistants.
His play declined steadily after the beginning of the year. Based on comments of his I've read, his confidence was completely shot. I wanted to dump him off the team just for cap space before the playoffs, but he absolutely stepped up as advertized. Unfortunately he wasn't rewarded with more ice time, and he and Knuble had to drag around Aucoin all playoffs. His play at the beginning of the year and in the playoffs was outstanding. It's his playoffs in particular that makes me think he should be tried on an offensive line. Brouwer is a better scorer and screener, for example, but Ward's board work and cycling are much better. I'm not saying he's certain to succeed in such a role, but to say there's not reason to try it is simply ridiculous.