View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 01:22 AM
EvenSteven

vCash: 500
Lorentz had a good year last year playing on a line with Radek Faksa and Eric Ming. To be honest, Lorentz (and Ming) benefitted playing with Faksa and it showed in their numbers. The emergence of that line in the regular season was a huge reason why we finished so high in the standings last year when we weren't expected by many to be a playoff team with home-ice advantage.

But, during the playoffs, both Ming and Lorentz became invisible offensively and it finally caught up to us when we got swept by a London team that we were dominant over (4-1-1, I think) during the regular season. Injuries and lack of depth hurt too. Lorentz had 7 pts in 16 playoff games and was minus 9 yet scored 33pts in 66 games and was plus 11 during the regular season.

His play in the playoffs is what frustrated me. Every game I waited for him and his line to break out of their funk and they never did. On another thread, a poster said that Lorentz "didn't exactly like the weight room". If that is the case (conditioning), then that would explain his play in the playoffs where the Rangers played virtually every second night on average. You'll need stamina to keep your game up under those circumstances and he wasn't able to.

I'm expecting that if Lorentz can find his way open a line with a similar centerman to Faksa, he should be OK - at least during the regular season. And, he was great in the shootout. He'll put shootout wins on the board for you without a doubt!