View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 12:47 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
No way. Reinhart doesn't currently project as a third liner. He projects as a second liner with top line upside and Jankowski is the same way. The difference? Reinhart is much more polished in every aspect at this point (understandable due to Jankowski's age and lack of higher level experience).

Go watch the video in post #749, specifically the play that starts at 2:43. Reinhart possesses extraordinary vision and playmaking skills that certainly do not project him to be a 3rd liner. 4 points in his first two games in the AHL against men. I don't see why Jankowski's potential is higher than Reinhart's? Because he is the shiny new draft pick?
Trust me, I like Reinhart ALOT. I'm not hating on the guy at all, like I said I have him and Janko neck and neck. I've watched Reinhart play a fair bit and I think his biggest strength is how smart he is. When you pair that with skill set and work ethic, I think he has the potential to be a really good player. His projection of a 3rd liner is mainly from hockey analysts from what I'd imagine is largely due to the gritty element in his play.

You obviously have a man crush on him and I don't blame you.

I really hope you are right on your comparisons to Stepan and Henrique and I do not feel they are that far off from what I've seen. Besides highlights I can't really compare Janko's game to Reinhart's, my statement was based off of scouting reports at the time they were drafted. I'll admit Reinhart has evolved into much more, skilled (and as you say) polished player so his original projection really isn't totally warranted anymore.

Again, my rankings are extremely close between the 2 and as of today there is no question that Reinhart is the better player. But I'm still giving a slight edge to Jankow based on his physical attributes and skill set. If both players hit their ceilings, Jankow will probably be the better player although Reinhart is definitely the safer pick of the 2 at this time to become an NHL'er.

Good conversations to be having about our prospects!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote