View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 06:30 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NshPredFan View Post
I believe Ufa owned his rights for another year but did not have a contract with him to play. CSKA paid stupid money for the rights of a player that isn't even committed/contracted to play in the league. Brent Peterson said (at SportsFest Saturday) that as of Friday night, Rad had not signed a KHL contract. He also said that he believes that Rad really wants to play in the NHL and he would love to have him on the team. It sounded like they simply couldn't agree of the length of a contract and did not part on bad terms. I assumed Poile had shut the door on any possible return, but maybe not. Could be he's waiting to see what July 1 brings before he makes a decision.
I agree. Things may not be exactly as they seem. We all thought he'd be back in Russia already. Apparently Peterson wants him back. This isn't the first I've heard of him making a comment on Radulov that wasn't negative. Maybe they still get something done before the season starts. Who knows? He (Radu) keeps things interesting around here that's for sure.