View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1097 View Post
In today's NHL cap managment could be just as important as talent evaluation. Teams that are able to pay their players on par to their talent level usually have much deeper teams and are not forced to make any personel decisions based soley on a player's cap hit in the offseason. Every year the flyers are not able to go after the player they truely covet because of cap restraints and it is so frustrating that the perfect fit to fill a hole in the lineup cannot be acquired. I was just curious what the overall opinion is of the flyers cap management and where it ranks amongst other NHL teams.

I only bring this up now after reading that the penguins are prepared to make huge offers to both suter and parise, players that most flyers fans would love in orange and black. A few websites even suggest that it is more than likely that the penguins will indeed get both which is obviously bad bad news for the flyers. It amazes me that they could have two 8.7mil players, a goalie making 5.0 mil, two other 5.0 mil players and still have over 15.0 mil in cap space to spend and that is not taking into account one of those two 5.0mil players (Paul Martin) more than likely being traded or waived before the start of this coming season. I love timonen and briere is a great playoff performer but their caps hit are killing the flyers IMO. Combined they make just under 13.0 mil which is only a few mil less than what crosby and malkin make.

I dont even know if this is a legit complaint about the flyers but all i know it is very frustrating because in order for the flyers to have success in the next few seasons they are going to probably have to go thru the pengiuns, which could be a very tough task if they are able to acquire parise AND suter.
Having all these high price players, how did they do in the last playoffs? Kimmo is off the books after this season and I hope they make a run at Weber. But lets see how this off season goes before we start *****ing.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote