View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 07:57 AM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 500
Rumours Confirmed

UPDATE

The Bisons confirmed that two more players named in my June 15th post have committed, namely Corbin Baldwin and Jesse Paradis. This gives the Bisons 24 recruits and returning players by my count. The team site's roster page has taken down the 2011-12 roster but has yet to upload the 2012-13 roster, so maybe check back later today.

The CW's schedule and results page has not been updated so as to include non-conference/exhibition/pre-season games since the league schedule was released. However, various teams (not including the Bisons) do have some games added. Regina and Alberta give us this:
Sept 4 Alberta @ Augustana
Sept 6 Augustana @ Alberta
Sept 7 Alberta @ Calgary
Sept 8 Calgary @ Alberta
Sept 14 Tournament at Regina
Sept 14 SAIT @ Alberta
Sept 15 Alberta @ SAIT
Sept 21-22 Brick Invitational at Edmonton
Sept 21 Regina @ Manitoba (7:00 pm)
Sept 22 Regina @ Manitoba (2:00 pm)

UBC continues to add new names with the announcement that they have a commitment from Scott McDonald, a WHL grad who finished his junior career in the USHL.

The Evil Monkeys announced that Brett Ferguson is going to the Greasers camp, assuming they have one. Still no announcements of recruits from them, nor from Bedrock nor Saskatown for that matter.

Maybe there are no players left in Alberta after St. F-X did their recruiting. Boxscore News reports a recruiting class of one Ontarioer and five Saudi Albertans for the Ron Jeremys.

The BCIHL has a nice player commitments page, which all leagues should have at this time of year. Selkirk College has 18 new players. Really. They were 5-19 last year but that's a lot of new guys. The league also announced a new playoff format. Up to now they had a 5-team page style tournament. They will still have 5 teams in the playoffs but will have best-of-three series now.

The ACAC announced that the Red Deer College Kings will be rejoining their league in 2013-14. They folded in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post

Just to speculate a bit, i really like the lineup that Manitoba will ice. ...
On paper, the team looks very good. The question is how it will come together. Look at Calgary last year.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote