06-29-2012, 10:24 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I think he goes where he says "YES, I CAN WIN THERE"

Which is why i say VAN or us
As a hockey fan there is just something that irks me about Toronto. There always seems to be issues up there with that team. Management changes, coaching changes, player movement, average player development, not a great farm system. I think they've missed the boat with their draft picks the last few years, scouting department should be restructured. Toronto hasnt made the playoffs in years. How come they haven't been able to find a standout player in any of the past 5-6 drafts? They traded for Kessel. They traded for Phaneuf. They havent developed a solid goaltender. What the hell happened to Schenn? I still think he is a good defenseman, but he was so highly touted. Threw money at guys like Komisarek and Connolly. How in the hell could you go there? Because Gardiner is there? If you say you want to win, then toronto shouldn't a consideration because you never know what direction that team is going in. Is next year going to be the year they finally make the playoffs? Let alone go far. They don't have the goods to compete with the tougher teams in the East.

Edmonton needs defense. But they are not a winning team. They have unbelievable talent up front. But it's raw, its's inexperienced. None of those guys have gone through an NHL playoffs. Smyth might be leaving. Their goaltending is weak. And they don't have a coach that has experienced winning anything really, no winning mentality. Ralph Krueger? The longtime Swiss national coach? There was an article that stated he is in fantastic shape. That doesn't mean wins. He was Renney's assistant. Renney doesn't know how to get over humps. Couldn't get the rangers in a deep playoff run. Couldn't get the oilers to a playoff berth though he didn't have much to work with other than really young offensive talent. EDM kissed their chances goodbye when they hired Krueger.

So I agree it is between VAN and NYR. OTT has an outside shot because they are an upcoming team with decent player development. I can't see Schultz pairing with Karlsson. Both are offensive dman. VAN has had a bad track record with developing their young players lately. Do you want to go there and be in Vigneault's doghouse and not get minutes?

I'm saying this as a hockey fan, NYR and Tortorella offer the best opportunity.