View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 09:30 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Well I'm not ready to say completely that the Canada stuff is total BS, just that it's somewhat weird to me how the situation has worked out. Obviously most of the teams he's talking to are Canadian so there's some truth to it.

The stuff about Anahiem's troubles is a good point, especially with Ryan on and off the trade block and how poorly that's being handled.
I just don't see it as any surprise he left anaheim even if he initially had intended to play there. Maybe he didn't want to play for Boudreau after he met him. Maybe he didn't like he is personality, attitude. Anaheim has that talent up front but were one of the worst teams most of the year. Hiller had injury woes. Their defense was so-so. They had to make a coaching change, firing Carlyle, who I think is a very good coach. Management couldn;t decide if Ryan was coming or going. He's being moved, then he's staying, now he's being moved again. They don't show a lot of positivity when it comes to player management. Unstable.

The current CBA allowed Schultz to become a free agent and choose. I don't think it's so shocking as some make it out to be in the hockey media.