View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Sather tries to negotiate in the media and leaks info to the press all the time, and so do the agents. Nothing new there.

But usually the player will let their agent do the talking for them in the media when discussing negotiations. And if the players do comment on it, they usually make some benign statement like "we are working on it, I hope to return, this is the only place I want to be, etc." If Prust said something like that, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I understand what Prust was trying to do... get the fans on his good side and try to blame management for the predicament he's in. But I think it backfired for the most part... we know that management does want him back, they just aren't wiling to overpay him.

Dubinsky, Staal, etc. have gone through the negotiating process with Sather and it wasn't easy. Dubinsky went through a similar situation to Prust... Sather leaked his contract demands to the media, but Dubi kept quiet and his agent said "we have no interest in negotiating it this through the newspaper." Prust probably should have done the same.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote