View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
A close friend of mine, who's a huge college/NBA fan and whose basketball opinion I trust, has been hyping up Harkless for months. He loves his game and raw ability and thinks his potential is through the roof, but that it'll take a bit for things to come together. Accordingly, he says Harkless would easily be a top-10 -- maybe even top-5 -- pick in next year's draft if he stayed another season in college. Putting up 15 points and close to 9 rebounds per game (including 30 and 13 against Duke) on 44.5% shooting as a freshman is quite impressive. Lots of upside with this kid.

Also like that the Sixers were able to capitalize on Moultrie's slide and snag him from the Heat. Great value, especially considering the future first rounder traded away is lottery protected for the next three seasons.
Yeah--I don't hate the pick. I wasn't enamored with Zeller. I liked Henson--but he came off the board one pick earlier.

Is Iggy likely to go for picks rather than (contributing) players, right?

I was wondering whether we would have packaged Iggy and our 15th for a top-pick, but I guess that's not really the way NBA trades work?