View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 10:56 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston View Post
I understand the stats quite well, and aware that they're recorded on a game-to-game basis. Perhaps I should have stated my position more clearly. I take issue with someone using 'advanced' statistics to suggest moving an immature still-improving player. There are many variables to consider when weighing and evaluating a players worth. Variables that require the use of the 'eye', and can't be measured by numbers. I'd argue that player projection for the most part is done with the 'eye'.

Again, I understand their purpose. I just find fault in the use of these statistics to suggest moving a still developing asset.
Fair enough.

Its worth pointing out that the article writer was suggesting that we should consider dealing Ennis because you might get a great return. He's not saying we should or have to. He also said we can have success with him staying as well. The article didn't suggest Ennis can't get better either. It just point out some of his production numbers (like shooting %) aren't likely to be sustained over the course of a season. It also fleshed out a better context of Ennis' success.

I think too many are getting upset over a suggestion thats really not that radical.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote