View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 11:41 AM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
I hope he is coming over sooner than later, but to play in the AHL rather than the NHL.

We've already had two recent examples just on the Oilers, that the swedish elite leagues aren't very good for preparing players for north american hockey. By most accounts Neilson is doing a great job down in OKC, and the players there are getting extensive pro level coaching and practice time.

Also, the added time to familiarize himself with the NA culture before getting dropped into the deep end of the NHL, while also having a couple of swedish players going through the same development curve with him down in OKC could prove invaluable.
If it's AHL vs SEL I'm all for SEL. I get your point with regards to Lander and PRV (or where you refering to Omark?) but I don't really think it's a fair one. I was looking at stats for this in some thread a long long time ago and what did seem to stand out a bit was the the younger you were coming over the harder time you had to adapt (PRV one of the youngest ever from SWE which actually makes him stand out a bit seeing as he had a decent rookie season). Instead players who came over at about 20 y.o. (if I remember correct) managed to carve out better careers overall... I get that me saying so won't convince you but I don't feel like going through all that stats vs age again. At least not today