View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 11:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Thought it'd be closer between Gallagher and Kristo.
It's not unusal for NCAA picks to get overlooked in these polls as a lot of fans just don't get to see them all that much. With Kristo going back instead of turning pro I'm sure that will hurt his rankings as well since there were fans calling for him to be traded since he didn't turn pro so it's not surprising.

I'd have Gallagher over Kristo even though it's very close for me, as Gallagher lacks height but makes up for it in heart. If Kristo was more consistent and was smarter i'd have him higher so we'll see how his final year in the NCAA goes.

I'm sure Bennett will get underrated as well. He's not big or strong so there's a legit concern on how his game will translate but he was the #1 D on one of the top teams in the NCAA as a Sophmore. His mobility is top notch, he's a puck rusher but can move the puck just as well. Just needs to get stronger, as his defensive game grew by leaps and bounds to where he was a regular on the PK all year and he cut down on the mental errors in his own end as well which was great to see. Granted I'm likely one of his biggest fans at HF since I think his upside is very high.

Didier will likely get underrated as well, he really improved in the 2nd half though, so fans should keep an eye on him as he's got the frame of a linebacker in football, and likes to us it but hasn't shown much in the way of offensive upside just yet. Being at a great program like Denver should be good for his development as well. A long term project but he's got some interesting qualities.