View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 12:36 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorton02 View Post
How so? I'm not bagging try to bag on Grigorenko, but they're numbers were identical. The knock on Grig's was his effort/intangables so naturally I'm drawn to look at the stats. There's a similarity there and based on the fact that Buffalo has never drafted and developed a #1 center since I've been watching them, it's not unfair to call me skeptical.

Obviously, time will tell and maybe Grigorenko has shown much more maturity than Zags ever did, but they were drafted at the same spot, put up the same numbers in the same league yet the expectations for Grigorenko so far have exceeded anything I remember for Zagrapan.
Because numbers mean everything? Grigs is twice the player Zags was if you just watched both of them play. He is on an entirely different level and that was why he was projected to go number 2 just 2 months ago by 95% of scouting departments. Zags on the other hand was not in most peoples top 10. This was also before the Russian/European scare tactic became such a huge deal as it has become today. (Thanks Radulov)

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote