View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 12:46 PM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i'm not a fan of neither Moncton, or Bathurst....but are you serious when you say that Obrien, Bisonnette and Hynes vs Veilleux, Saulnier and Saulnier, is very close.
I'm sorry, but someone is delusional. Not to take anything away from the Saulniers and Vielleux, but offensively, it's not even a contest. The bathurst top line will be the best 1st line in the CHL next year.

Other than that....i think your bang on with you evaluations. Bathurst has a way to go before they catch moncton.

At the present time, Bathurst has a better first line and a better 2nd line centerman while Moncton probably got a superior winger in Barbeshev....but he is only 17.
Can Banville/Lafontaine/Salvail at 18 YO be solid wingers for Lalancette or will the Titan need to go get a Tesink or a Brouillard to complete that 2nd line.
Will both 17 YO Euros the Titan picked be instant 2nd liners or will they need 1 year seasoning before starting to rise offensively?

The Titan, and I will remain on that position until further notice, got a superior 3rd line to anything Moncton can throw up there.

For the defense, I will say that Moncton got the edge as we speak and the Titan will need a veteran D to top up, somebody like Jimmy Oligny or Samuel Noreau.
They don't need that much PMD capacity as they got Girard/Godin/Fraser who are pretty good in that department and young Gosselin is also very good.
I would personally rather see them bring in Oligny instead of Noreau.

In goals,Dubeau is superior to anything the Titan has and it will remain the Titan wild card until we really see how our goaltending does.

The Titan offense will be better than last season in Bathurst and our defense too.
Fraser is 18 now and not bothered by injuries and nor is Houle who was delayed in his development by injuries.
Godin showed us that he was an excellent PMD with good transition skills last playoffs as he was a ppg defense in that period and ended at +2.
I expect him to be very good this season.

I could see the Titan trade for Trudeau at some point to back up Brennan in case McDonald is not ready.

I could see something like this next season:
Brennan
McDonald/Trudeau?

Girard
Oligny/Noreau?
Godin
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Gosselin
Egan

Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Brouillard/Tesink?-Lalancette-Zdrahal
Zboril-Lafontaine-Banville
Stevens-Cochrane-Salvail
Marois/Gallant/Lyle

The Titan could afford these 3 moves without affecting seriously their team the next season.

McDonald/Lyle/Marois/Gallant/Gosselin/Blanchard are all 16/17YO who could bring something interesting as a return plus the Titan have 8 picks in the first 5 rounds 2013 and have Raymond who might interest as an OA.

The Titan will have to determine if they go for it this season or wait to next season and hold on to their assets until the draft 2013.
It will be based on what the first season half brings us and on the situation of the OAs when October comes.

Either way we are guaranteed to have a very exciting team to watch and it is far too early to label them as a distant 3rd in the Maritimes.
LGM is determined to go all the way and this is something he showed before that he could manage.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote