View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
The Penguins are going to be tough for a long time, but as long as we have Couturier and (Brayden) Schenn to match up against Malkin and Crosby, I feel much less scared ****less than I would otherwise. Richards and Carter simply couldn't match up against those two, no matter what anyone says (now I'll wait for the swarm of their supporters to declare heresy).

Don't worry about what the Penguins are doing to make their team better. Worry about what the Flyers can do to make their team better.
Richards and Carter couldn't shut them down, no. I'm not sure why Schenn or Couturier are going to do so much better. Are we forgetting that Carter and Richards were two pretty damn good defensive forwards?

Richards was never a spectacular 1 on 1 defender anyway, he was more effective playing with in a system and using his vision to put himself in a position to make plays. Whenever he was counted on to match up with either one of those two he was outmatched athletically. Carter did as well against Crosby as anyone else though (which is to say he stuck with him as well as any of the other forwards in the league with the exception of maybe Datsyuk and Zetterburg).

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote