View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
i disagree. they have the best potential future of any current team. i wouldn't shut them off. i'd rather play there than toronto or vancouver as a 20 year old kid BUT... he has the opportunity to win a cup now... he can sign with any contender that he wants. why sign with a team that probably won't be a contender for a few years?

to be completely honest imo ny offers the best opportunity right now. edm offers the best for the future. if he signs on vancouver then he is a racist.
Not at all. Best future of any team in the league? My ass. They have no defense and no goalie. I don't care how good you are, without a balanced team (consisting of a good offense, good defense, and good goalie) you're not going to win the cup. They lack 2/3. Good goalies are hard to come by. That alone is a difficult task. Factor in that they're defense is pourus and they don't really have the defensive prospects to become dominant in that area and you get a recipe for continued future failure.

The soonest they're contenders is 4 years and that is contingent on finding a VERY GOOD goalie.