View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
He's not going to Toronto or Ottawa. It'll be either Vancouver, NYR, or EDM.

EDM is, IMO, the least desirable place to live of those cities, but there is no denying they have some serious young talent on their team. I agree with Edge, I would have traded that pick, but whatever. They'll probably end up trading Hall or Yakupov eventually. They won't be trading Eberle or RNH. It'll be interesting to see how much of the hype is real on Klefbom. They obviously have a spot on the blueline for Schultz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Not to my memory. All I remember hearing was that TB was the favorite because he loved playing there and had family connections there. Then that shifted and they said he was going to sign with Toronto because they were offering him the most money. I don't remember us ever being the favorites for him (besides landing him at the trade deadline).

There was always a lot of talk about how much sense it made for him to come here but no one believed he was. Just a bunch of "don't count the Rangers out yet" talk.
The Rangers were far and away the favorites to land Richards. No one seriously considered TB a realistic option, and the only people that thought he would go to Toronto were Leaf fans.