06-29-2012, 02:31 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
Good stuff from Babs.

My two favorite comments, paraphrasing:

*We have the makings of good team/core, with the right pieces. Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Helm are three centers. Believes that Helm is the best third line center in the NHL, hands down. (Intriguing, plus seeing that he no longer views Flip as primarily a centerman?)

*The coaches felt that Smith made our team out of camp last year. They wanted him on the team, but 'it was felt' that he should develop for one more year in GR. Talked about his development, loves him offensively and wants him to work on not creating offense for the opposition.
Because of his performance on Z's wing, I think he knows Helm can fill in that third line center role. Filppula is better as a winger on Z's line instead of centering the third line. He's not aggressive enough when attacking the net. 4 out 5 times he looks to make a play along the boards.

Smith and Nyquist should have made the team out of camp, but due to the players already on the roster they preferred to give them more IT in GR. I fully expect them to be on the roster this year with Nyquist at least on the third line full-time and Smith rotating in if not full-time, paired with Kronwall.

Last edited by ProPAIN: 06-29-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo
ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote