View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maize and Blue View Post
I like to think we can sign a couple of the top UFA's like everyone else here. But, if we can't get: Sutter,Parise,Semin,Doan. I don't feel there is not much top end talent beyond that.
A couple of marginal guys i'd look at on SHORT deals if they came at what their fair market value should be and not what this summer is turning out to be are:
Jagr,Kubina,Garrison,Parenteau,Huselius,Dvorak, and Hecht

If not any of that. Resign Hudler for the 4mil he wants (overpay!). Then i would prefer the strengthen the bottom lines through subtractions and signing/or trades. Add players like Gaustad,Prust,Burish,Moen,Moss. Remove Mursak,Emmerton,Abdelkader. If you can get something for them great, if not Oh-well!
These three will not be below market value. Garrison will only be a value contract for Vancouver in my opinion. I would still pay him above the 4 million I think he should get but only slightly no more than 4.5 cannot pay him like Kronwall.

Jagr is a mercenary lets call him what he is. Every time he has had an option to make more money he has taken it. So by all means if you want Jagr offer 5 cents more than the next guy. Much like Nick Saban I think he would betray his own mother if you offered him a C-note.

PA has been a career minor league guy he needs to make this contract count and is coming off substantial numbers. You have to actually believe the Islanders offered more money than we are going to and he still wants to hear his other offers.

Huselius is an intriguing name that hasn't gotten a lot of air time around here. He might come in at a reasonable price and be like an Ian White steal of a signing.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote