Thread: Injury Report: Moreau played through concussion
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Sorry Buddy.

How was anyone supposed to know he was playing with a concussion, especially since he looked exactly as he did with Columbus the year before. It's not as if he was a good player who suddenly fell of the cliff.

I take back what I said (and trust me I was not the only one) about him not showing any character by not reporting to Manchester, since he apparently did report to Manchester. It did look extremely suspicious when he suddenly stopped playing from a concussion right as he was sent down to the AHL, without even playing a game for the Monarchs.

I again apologize for that part of the whole Moreau fiasco. I honestly thought he just quit and conveniently got a concussion so he wouldn't have to play in Manchester. I will no longer group him in with the ilk of Rob Blake, Ryan Smyth, Dan Cloutier and Sean Avery when discussing the jerks we have had on this team over the years.

A terrible player who had no business being in the NHL? Yup, but that is not his fault, that is on management and in particular the professional scouts. Moreau was given a contract offer and signed it. I don't blame him for that. Same with Hunter, these guys were just probably shocked anyone even offered them a chance, can't blame them for that.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote