View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
tsanuri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I was listening to either the Fan 590 or TSN1050 here in Toronto this morning and they said Lombardi was asked if Bernier was in play now that Quick signed the contract and that he said absolutely not. I don't believe it but the guys on the radio seemed to.
That is also a case of a bad question. Of course he is not in play at the time of the question he is talking with someone on the radio not a fellow GM.
Gms like to be very cryptic in what they say. And as much as we the fans don't want to admit or hear it almost every player is in play everyday, if the right offer were to come along.
I personally think that is what happened with Brown around the trade deadline. He was not being shopped but teams were inquiring and DL was listening. And I think that is exactly what is happening with Bernier. Having signed Quick long term every GM that needs a goalie is calling. If the right offer is made he will be traded if not I think DL keeps him and Sutter plays him more just to give Quick some rest. And then when next year rolls around he trades the right so another team can sign him. And hopefully he will be worth even more than he is today.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote