Thread: Speculation: 2012 Off Season Thread (pt2)
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
homegrizown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I'd rather have Salo too but Salo would be more expensive and with the rumor Fialkov said about us treading water in Free agency I was looking at the cheapest options who could still produce for us. and Barker I think would come very very cheap. $1-1.2million cheap I think. Salo would be twice that IMO.
i don't think it's necessarily true we won't spend money. i think if parise said the panthers is where i want to go viner will spend the money. but after the top few players out there it's a huge drop off and we can't be giving "big" contracts to more second tier players.

it made sense to overpay last year cuz we had so much money and had to reach the cap. this year we resign a couple of our own guys add in the rookie or rookies. and maybe add a couple pieces. 1 top 6 forward and if garrison leaves another d-man. we hit the cap. and hope for the best.

no sense getting in to long term deals with mediocre players when eventually our young guys will command spots and we can't dump horrible contracts.

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote