View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 07:23 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Your forgetting Strahlman, and no way is Schultz starting top 4 minutes if he is signed. Especially, if Sauer is back.
Yea, Stralman could come back. I just think that he is going to be playing in Sweden tbh. If he is back, then he's perfect for the bottom pairing.

Also, I think if Sauer does come back around the time of February/March, they might not want to overwhelm him, even after 20 or so games back. His concussion is very serious, even more than Staals was. It's going to take him time. Having him playing on the 3rd pairing would possibly be very beneficial for him. His conditioning might not be where it needs to be even at the point to play top 4 minutes on the Rangers.

About Schultz, it'd be more about who he is being paired with. I think having him with one of McDonagh or Staal would be better than having him with Erixon or MDZ. Also, McDonagh got top 4 minutes after he came up from the AHL. Schultz is a good player on both ends of the ice, but his offense stands out more than his defense. Doesn't mean he's bad on defense. I think he'd receive more 5th minutes than 4th because MDZ would take icetime from him. It'd be similar to Stralman being paired with Staal initally, but MDZ getting some shifts in that spot as well.