View Single Post
Old
06-29-2012, 08:43 PM
LaGu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
PVR/Lander, I've considered Omark an organizational afterthought since he came out flat in the preseason when he was already on thin ice

It's not so much of a league vs league difference and historical age spreads, but more a what's best for preparing for the NHL to me. Doubt Klefbom is ready right now, but seems like the type that could end up getting fast tracked sooner than later. The sooner he gets into an environment that prepares him for that without the pressure of the NHL spotlight, the better.

Smaller rinks, far more physical hockey, organizational specific defensive systems and cultural shifts. Add in a cluster of players to grow with(as I said before) and there are just a lot of good reasons to make the move over staying in the elite league.
I hear you, but I'll still play the euro-softie part here. If we were talking math here you'd be a 100% right, smaller rink, environment, etc., but I don't think we're talking math. He's a really young kid playing in the same team (or very close to) since he was a kid. Last couple of years he's been growing fast but if the choice is between AHL and SEL (for the record I don't think SEL is better than AHL) I think it would serve him best to develop in a familiar environment. Of course it doesn't hurt that he is on one of the top teams in the SEL. The small rink etc. is no real problem (all-star WJC small rink), the speed might be, but that is not a huge problem.

Oh, I'm only talking Klefbom playing in SEL vs AHL now. I still think they should try to keep him around for as long as possible during the preseason.