Old
06-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loungie View Post
And armia? Even though he's a forward would he have a shot at the team?
Wasn't even thinking. Armia, certainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 View Post
Players like Getzlaf and Perry will be available, but I'd REALLY like Alexander Edler to join back up with his old partner Ehrhoff. In fact I predict this right here, right now. Edler is a Sabre next summer. Top four will be top notch.
There's no way Getzlaf and Perry are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
OK, for that I apologize. I felt you were basically tossing Adam away when there still may be some nice potential and productivity with him. The way I look at it is I still think we can use size and toughness on the wing and I feel Adam has the potential to become a good 3rd liner in this league.

That is, assuming the Sabres envision him as a winger.
* For the purposes of this discussion, by "third line player" I mean that in the typical sense, not in the sense of "we are rolling 3 scoring lines"

See, this is the kind of disconnect between you and I imagine the majority of us. Of course he could become a "third line"-type player but there's absolutely no evidence to indicate that, so there's no evidence to currently believe much less bank on it. Virtually all of his weaknesses are things which should be strengths for 3rd line players: he's not physical, he's not good defensively, and his struggles with skating negatively impact him in transition.

Right now I view him as a scoring line or bust player. He was awful without Vanek and Poms to make use of his strengths.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote