View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 10:56 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
In the draft thread a while back I said I'd figure Corbett would be at camp just because he's local and will be in town to attend. I wouldn't be all that surprised if they get a contract worked out with him at camp.

However, what happens with free agency will likely play a big role in whether or not they can sign him (or any other undrafted prospects) as they'll be close-ish to the contract limit if they sign some players.

I wonder if they're going to have that Thomas kid back from that DIII school out east. Was fairly impressive at camp last year. No idea what his status is right now though...
Corbett would be a major coup for a team that is weak with defensive prospects right now. The kid had a bad run at the end of the season but that could be for a lot of factor.

We're not close to the contract limit yet and I think this is why Fletcher intentionally left some spots open (and for what I'm told). Corbett I think could be a good project to work on.

I don't buy the fact that it was his terrible playoffs that sunk him from a top 100 prospect to undrafted. There had to be another factor in there.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote