View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 12:18 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
Pretty much (except it's actually mathematically worse).

Lets play pretend, and assume the Devils sold out every single game since moving to The Rock in 2007/08.

Even then, I highly doubt the Devils would have avoided this financial catastrophe, it just wouldn't be as bad. That's what I mean when I say this deal never made financial sense to me even before the building opened.

While I'm a HUGE fan of Lou signing the entire 4th-line , it IS a sign of a team struggling with the money.

Think about it.

Lets say you have a fixed sum of money to work with and you have to buy 7 people birthday presents, but 2 of those people get a really, really expensive present, the other 5 are acquaintances that you wont spend as much on.

Do you spend a ton on the 2 important gifts first? No.

You spendthrift on the 5 gifts as much as possible so you have enough for the last 2 gifts, and you'll know exactly how much you have to spend on those last gifts.

To me, Lou's actions of filling up the "low value" roster spots first are entirely consistent with an individual working on a tight operating budget who is saving for a future expenditure.

I kindof just wrote a biblical gospel parable of the Devils finances, but that's my $0.02.
That's what I'm thinking too. Process of elimination.