View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Canadiens1958

vCash: 500
Martin Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia McMillan View Post
Has anyone ever switched stick handedness before? I started playing by skating out, and shot left. Switched to goalie after a few years where I play glove right. Skated out again today, still shooting left, and after all the stickhandling I've been practicing as a glove right goalie, it felt weird. There's no way I could switch to glove left as a goalie, but the weirdness of switching back and forth is making me consider switching to shooting right when I skate out. I'm a left-handed person, so that would put my dominant hand on top.

Never tried shooting right before, though. Is it difficult to make that switch? Anyone ever made the switch before and can tell me what it's like?
Martin Brodeur started as a glove right goalie in youth hockey and swithced to glove left. Photo of him as a glove right at the Martin Brodeur Arena in Montreal.

Bill Durnan a HHOF goalie was ambidextrous , caught and shot with each hand or from either side. Howe and Chelios shot from either side but concentrated on one.

Just go with the glove or side that fits your comfort zone.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote