View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 12:52 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I get their rationale behind it, but to me it doesn't make sense. In my 20+ years of hockey watching experience (not to mention countless hours of customer service), forcing someone who wants to spend their money for your goods into buying something that they aren't keen on (like preseason hockey) is bad business.

I wouldn't say that this would turn me away from buying tickets, but I would do everything in my power to not buy a preseason ticket. Unless, of course, they are providing you with these preseason seats for no additional charge, and still giving you all of your regular season games. From what I'm reading though, this is not the case.
In the long run even with buying a preseason game you are spending less if you buy the package then if you buy each game by itself. Also you get STH Benefits.

Do I wish I did not have to buy 2 preseason games with my Half season plan? Sure, but how fair would it be to full STHs who have always had to buy 4 games if other plans did not but still got the same STH Benefits?

If you don't want preseason games don't become a STH, but you're missing out IMO.