View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
I don't follow prospects etc that close. Give me the short version of him and why everyone is going crazy please.
That's kind of the thing, I'm not sure and I don't get it either. I saw Wisconsin play only twice this year (both on TV) and he was solid. Moved the puck well, skates well. Overall he does look like a good player. But to the extent some are trying to get this guy is confusing to me. To expect him to be in the top 4 right away, eventually a first pairing guy, or even as Chain mentioned a top 10 talent? I just don't see it. A team like the Oilers signing him and throwing him into the fray with such high expectations are going to be disappointing. Is he worth at least taking a shot to sign? Yeah sure. Is he worth giving into the demands of playing time right away and making your team that much better. Again the answer to me is no.

The hype and expectations for the guy don't match his skill level IMO. Chain I get what you are saying and it makes sense from Schultz perspective, but are you sure he can handle that kind of duty right now? I couldn't imagine the kind of backlash that would ensue if he plays poorly and at some point gets sent down to the AHL, even on a team with such a weak defense like Edmonton.