Thread: Fantasy Sports: Fantasy Hockey Talk
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2012, 03:53 PM
RussianRocket10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
For about 18 months in a row, I had free Center Ice / Extra Innings through Comcast. I have no idea how, but basically, I picked up one of the services (I think Extra innings) on a promotional, cancelled it when the cheaper rate expired, and they never turned off the service.

I watched a ton of both baseball and hockey--but mostly Flyers and Phillies (which, in my Virginia exile, I wouldn't have gotten otherwise), but others as well.

A few points: 1) It isn't cheap--and the value probably depends on whether you get the Flyers locally, and how much out-of-market stuff you anticipate watching; 2) I never received any games in HD--though the listings said I should. This might have been a technical error, but since I was getting the service for free, I couldn't very well call. Others can vouch for this.
I get Comcast Sportsnet but Comcast Network so there are a few games each year that I don't get to see. I watch games on NBCSN and NHL Network but I feel like they show the same few teams a lot of the time and most western teams get no love. I'll wait to see what others say about the HD. If the games aren't in HD that might be a big turning point in my decision.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote